Saturday, June 16, 2012

From the Delinquent Blogger.


Hello from (again!) the worst blogger in the history of blogging. I promised you another post almost a week ago, and here I am just now.  Ma scutati, ya’ll.
Things have been crazy here at site, as you can imagine! The school year is winding down, all tests have been passed out, grades have been given, and tears have been shed. Nah-just kidding. I was lenient in my last semester…you’re welcome copiiiii!! I have been to 8th and 12th grade graduations and dances, taken numerous pictures with my students so I can remember those sweet faces forever, and finally-started to pack up my apartment.
Speaking of my students-this is what my 7th grade surprised me with last Wednesday! So sweet!

I don’t think it has really hit me-I’m leaving this town in 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS. Where did my service go? Where has 27 months gone? Some days it seems like I’ve been gone forever, but mostly, it feels like time has flown by. I’ve experienced things I never thought I would (hello pig killing), learned how to cook, learned a third language, and have changed in so many ways that I know I will could never come back the same person…and those are all good things.
So my next two weeks are packed. Next week is the last week of school, then, we have a teacher’s bbq and end of the year celebration. There will be a third year volunteer (Aron) coming to my site this coming year, and he’ll be here to drop off his things and meet the teachers.  Matt is coming to hang out for the last week and help me pack, hang out with my Romanian friends non-stop, and visit the winery for one last tasting. Then we’re off to work an English camp in Iasi the first week of July. After that, it’s down to Bucharest for my CLOSE OF SERVICE! July 11th I will officially be a RETURNED Peace Corps Volunteer, instead of a PCV. Unreal.
And July 12th, I will be on the beach in Santorini, where I start of a month-long vacation which includes Greece, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland.
But for now-I will cherish every day in Recas, which after 2 years, has very much become my second home.
I will miss you all so much.




3 comments:

  1. i think i'm the worst blogger! i promised weekly posts and didn't post for almost 4 months.
    i love your blog by the way, and your tales of romania just make me want to visit it more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzie thank you so much for reading!! Anytime you decide to visit Romania, you let me know. I will make sure you see the best and most beautiful of this amazing country.

      Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete